Thursday, November 1, 2012

Star Provisions

Well, I went to Star Provisions on the way home from school today. Now normally I'm so overwhelmed by all of the wonderful foodstuffs there that I just want to go nuts and buy everything until I have condemned myself to a life of debt and bankruptcy, but today I was on a mission!

I bought some crystallized violets there a while back because they looked interesting and I wanted to try something new (and also because I'm exactly the kind of snob that would buy crystallized flowers, let's be honest here). As it turns out, they're pretty darn tasty, so I went back today to get the violet syrup the store also carries. Since you just can't go to Star Provisions without getting something from the bakery, this is my haul from today's visit (plus the crystallized violets, cuz they look so darn fancy!):

Not quite sure what I'm going to do with these yet...Fancy cupcakes?

Behold the baked goods:
I may or may not have had a snack on the drive home.
A walnut and dark chocolate chip meringue, a preserved lemon meringue, and the infamous "granola bar." Granola bar implies that this is something that is healthy, which it is not by any definition of the word. BUT it is insanely delicious and my soul aches whenever they are sold out of them.


If only healthy things actually looked like this.
It's a thin layer of some kind of brownie-like material, topped with a fudgy chocolate layer, topped with an almost nougat-like marshmallow layer that has dried cherries, nuts, and toasted coconut mixed into it. The thought of ever having to share one of these physically pains me. 

The meringues are crispy and light with a chewy interior. I really love the crunch of the walnut chocolate chip one. Star Provisions has tons of other fantastic baked goods such as cupcakes, cookies, bread, etc. They also have some pretty amazing meats and cheeses, but that's another post.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go hide the evidence from that granola bar before anyone comes home.

Visit them here:

Star Provisions
1198 Howell Mill Road, Atlanta, GA 30318

No comments:

Post a Comment